Rota Secretary Role
The Smash rota secretary creates the parent duty rota at the beginning of the season and then sends reminders to parents when their duty is due. As a member of the committee, the rota secretary attends committee meetings (up to 4 times a year) and contributes to the discussion and decisions.
List of duties and responsibilities:
- Create a poll to get parents’ availability and send it to parents. This is usually done a couple of weeks after the start of season when the majority of members are enrolled. Until then, the committee members should cover slots
- Gather the data from the poll and create a schedule. Email the schedule to the members
- Send reminders at the beginning of of the week to parents whose duty is on Saturday
- Attend committee meetings
- Protect members personal information in line with GDPR requirements.