The chairperson holds the overall responsibility for the functioning of the club. The chair’s duties include:
- to be informed about the functioning of all aspects of the club;
- to be informed about the work of other committee members and support them if needed;
- to chair the committee meetings and ensure that agenda is followed and actions completed;
- to assure adherence to club’s approved rules and procedures as stated in club’s terms of reference (constitution);
- to assure that functioning of the club is within Badminton England rules and within other rules that might apply, like data protection rules;
- to represent the club externally when needed.